When you're finished visiting here, be sure to visit the Clan Bell Website and support the Bell Family Association of the United States in its tireless efforts to reinstate Clan Bell as an official clan.
1996 Kim Beall
Hark when the night is falling, Hear! hear the pipes are calling!
Loudly and proudly calling, Down thro' the glen.
There where the hills are sleeping, Now feel the blood a-leaping,
High as the spirits of the old Highland men.
High in the misty Highlands, Out by the purple islands,
Brave are the hearts that beat Beneath Scottish skies.
Wild are the winds to meet you, Staunch are the friends that greet you,
Kind as the love that shines from fair maiden's eyes.
Towering in gallant fame, Scotland my mountain hame,
High may your proud standards gloriously wave,
Land of my high endeavour, Land of the shining heather,
Land of my heart for ever, Scotland the brave!
A quick [tongue-in-cheek] note on "Scotchmen"...
You may have heard it said that it is not proper to call a Scot or Scottsman "Scotch." But we Scots are FAR too polite to correct folks who just don't know any better. So next time someone calls you "Scotch," just say, "Scotch is wiskey - but thank you anyway for the compliment."
My Scott.stuff Bookmark File...
- Arms and Heraldry
- A Note on Scots Heraldry
- ARMORIAL HERITAGE FOUNDATION heraldry coat of arms shields
- Debunking "Mall" Arms
- Heraldic Dictionary: Home Page
- HERALDRY COAT OF ARMS CREST
- Heraldry rules for different countries
- The British Heraldic Archive
- The College of Arms - Main Page
- Celtic Music
- CD Universe Main Frame
- Ceolas celtic music archive
- CertaCito's Scottish Songs Page
- Folk Music Pages
- The Tannahill Weavers' Lyrics
- Clan Bell
- Clan: Bell/Electric Scotland
- Electric Scotland's Scottish Clans Menu
- Gaelic Language
- Carmina Clar-innse (gaelic language)
- Fàilte gu SMO
- Faclair Gàidhlig - Beurla
- Focal an Lae
- Online Gaelic lessons
- The Tannahill Weavers' Scots Glossary
- Scottish Culture & History
- Electric Scotland - scottish clans tourism history and business
- Scotland the Brave
- Sgian Dhu Interactive
- The Unique Heritage of Scotland
- Yahoo! - Regional:Countries:United Kingdom:Scotland:Society and Culture
- 200 plus Tartans & Clan Index
- Tartan by Mail Order - House of Tartan
- Trip to Scotland
- About Scotland - The Kingdom of Fife
- Anchor Inn
- Mathematician born in Largo
- Nessie on the Net in Scotland!
- Scotland - Your guide to luxury accomodations, lodging, hotels, cottages, inns, resorts, condos, wine, fine dining, romance and adventure.
- Scotland the Brave...Come visit
- Study Abroad in Great Britain at Highland College--- Environmentally Informed Programs---Scholarships, Financial Aid, Sustainable, Ecology, Nature, Green, Earth, Leadership, Community, England, Scotland, Europe
- The Glorious MacDude Home Page
- The Spindrift Hotel, Anstruther, St Andrews, Scotland
- TheTrip.com ··· Everything for the business traveler except the stress ··· 1-888-4-THETRIP
- Tour:The Highlands & Skye
- Trip Link - Flights
- Walking Scotland: Map of the Southern Upland Way
- Welcome to St Andrews - Home of Golf